The difference between success and failure is a great team
No matter how smart, talented, driven, or passionate you are, your success as a leader depends on your ability to build and inspire a team. A successful leader is one who can spur his or her team members to work well together toward a common vision and goals.
To inspire your team members, you’ll have to talk to them, of course. I hate meetings, but I love short (seven to 20-minute) standups to align and motivate the team.
One effective way to begin or end a standup is by sharing a quote.
Here are 15 quotes from well-known coaches, athletes, business leaders, and authors that will compel you and your team members to work well together:
- “Individual commitment to a group effort–that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.”
- “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships.”
- “Teamwork is the ability to work together toward a common vision. The ability to direct individual accomplishments toward organizational objectives. It is the fuel that allows common people to attain uncommon results.”
- “Alone we can do so little, together we can do so much.”
- “Remember, teamwork begins by building trust. And the only way to do that is to overcome our need for invulnerability.”
- “I invite everyone to choose forgiveness rather than division, teamwork over personal ambition.”
- “None of us is as smart as all of us.”
- “Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is success.”
- “If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself.”
- “The strength of the team is each individual member. The strength of each member is the team.”
- “Collaboration allows teachers to capture each other’s fund of collective intelligence.”
- “It takes two flints to make a fire.”
–Louisa May Alcott
- “Unity is strength. . . when there is teamwork and collaboration, wonderful things can be achieved.”
- “To me, teamwork is the beauty of our sport, where you have five acting as one. You become selfless.”
- “The best teamwork comes from men who are working independently toward one goal in unison.”
–James Cash Penney